Police Blotter: May 22 – May 28

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 22 to May 28 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, May 22

• Between 2 and 4 p.m., a bike was stolen from Maples Pavilion.
  • At 8 p.m., an identity theft was reported at 884 Mayfield Avenue.

Wednesday, May 23

• Between 3:10 and 3:20 p.m., a hit-and-run collision occurred between two vehicles. No one was injured.
  • At 11:30 p.m. someone was reported for trespassing at the Knoll.

Thursday, May 24

• At 12:03 a.m., a noise complaint was made about Sigma Nu.
  • At 4:45 a.m., someone was arrested for driving unlicensed at Campus Drive and Arguello Way.
  • At 2:45 p.m., someone was injured after two bicycles collided at the corner of Lomita Mall and Escondido Mall.
  • At 5 p.m. a headlight on a vehicle parked at Kappa Sigma was vandalized.
  • Between 5:30 and 6:30 p.m., a backpack was stolen from Arrillaga Family Dining Commons.
  • Between 6 p.m. and 11 a.m. on May 25, a bike was stolen from Studio 2 in Escondido Village.

Friday, May 25

• At 1:40 p.m., someone was injured after two bikes collided at the intersection of Campus Drive and Escondido Mall.
  • At 10:10 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Columbae.
  • Between 11:50 p.m. and 11 a.m., on May 26, a bike was stolen from Studio 5 in Escondido Village.

Saturday, May 26

• Between 11:16 and 11:35 p.m., a noise complaint was made about Phi Kappa Psi.

Sunday, May 27

• At 5 p.m., someone was arrested from being drunk in public at Kappa Alpha.
  • At 10:58 p.m., a noise complaint was made about La Maison Francaise.

Monday, May 28

• Between 10 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., a bike was stolen from outside the Bookstore.
  • At 1 p.m., someone reported a fire in a dumpster outside Crothers Memorial Hall.

There were no alcohol transports reported in the SUDPS bulletin between May 22 and May 28.

Contact Michael Espinosa at mesp2021 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Michael Espinosa '22 is majoring in international relations. He's the head of The Daily's social media team, and editor for the University beat and also occasionally writes for sports, arts, and The Grind. He's the biggest Taylor Swift fan at Stanford and the proudest New Yorker you will ever meet. Contact him at mespinosa 'at' stanforddaily.com.