Sports podcast #001: Talking Stanford baseball with R.J. Abeytia, and #StanfordNBA???

The Stanford Daily Sports Podcast debuts, with Do-Hyoung Park, Vihan Lakshman, and Jose Saldaña joined by Stanford insider R.J. Abeytia of The Bootleg in a conversation about Stanford baseball’s historic start, the new coaching staff, and a scuffle in the No. 2 Cardinal’s toughest test of the season yet at No. 20 UCLA. Also, a recap of the weekend in Stanford Athletics and why Dwight Powell is better than Kevin Durant.

About Vihan Lakshman

Vihan Lakshman's journey at The Stanford Daily came full-circle as he began his career as a football beat writer and now closes his time on The Farm in the same role. In between, he has served as an Opinions columnist and desk editor, a beat writer for Stanford baseball, and as a member of The Daily's Editorial Board. Vihan completed his undergraduate degree in Mathematical and Computational Science in 2016, and is currently pursuing a master's in Computational Mathematics. He also worked as a color commentator on KZSU football broadcasts during the 2015 season. To contact him, please send an email to vihan 'at' stanford.edu

About Do-Hyoung Park

Do-Hyoung Park '16, M.S. '17 is now the Chief Operating Officer and Business Manager at The Stanford Daily. He's also a Bay Area-based freelance sportswriter. He previously covered Stanford football and baseball for five seasons as a student and served two terms as sports editor and four terms on the copy desk. He was also a color commentator for KZSU 90.1 FM's football broadcast team for the 2015-16 Rose Bowl season. He covered the 2016 Minnesota Twins for MLB.com and has also contributed to The Bootleg and SI's (now defunct) Campus Rush. Hire him at dpark0027 'at' gmail.com or send him snarky Tweets @dohyoungpark.