Police blotter: Oct. 31 – Nov. 6

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 31 to Nov. 6 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, Oct. 31

• Between 11 p.m. on Oct. 30 and 10:30 a.m. on Oct. 31, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located near the north side of Stern Hall.
  • Between 6 p.m. on Oct. 29 and 4 p.m. on Oct. 31, a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks near Roble Hall.
  • Between 8 p.m. on Oct. 30 and 10 a.m. on Oct. 31, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks near Twain North in Stern Hall.

Wednesday, Nov. 1

• It was reported that someone has been spreading an unknown pesticide, “pelleted rodent bait,” for ground squirrels in the area around Frenchman’s park.
  • Between 12:10 and 12:40 p.m., an unlocked bike was stolen from a bike rack near the Clark Center.
  • Between 11 a.m. and 2:10 p.m., an unknown suspect applied an oil-like substance to a number of artworks inside the Cantor Arts Center as well as other artwork displayed on the exterior grounds. Estimated cost of repair is greater than $1,000.

Thursday, Nov. 2

• At 11:40 p.m., someone was arrested for public intoxication near the Oval.
  • Between 12 p.m. on Nov. 1 and 8:15 a.m. on Nov. 2, a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack on the backside of Florence Moore Hall.
  • An employee at Stanford Hospital was punched in the chest and kicked in the leg by an individual they were treating.
  • At 12:43 a.m., an unknown suspect approached a woman from behind near Lake Lagunita and grabbed her wrist and waist.

Friday, Nov. 3

• Between 10 a.m. on Nov. 2 and 12 a.m. on Nov. 3, a U-locked bike was stolen from in front of the Theta Delta Chi house.
  • At 2:38 a.m., someone was arrested near Lagunita Court for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • At 12:54 a.m., a noise complaint was made about the Phi Kappa Psi House. Loud music was playing on the front decks of the house. Upon contact, the people were moved inside and the music was turned down. The situation was resolved without incident.
  • At 12:02 a.m., a noise complaint was made about the Kappa Sigma house. A small group of people were making noise and listening to loud music. Upon contact, the people were moved inside and the music turned down. The situation was resolved without incident.

Saturday, Nov. 4

• At 3 a.m., two people were arrested on Lasuen Street near Arboretum Road for being in possession of stolen property.
  • Between 2:34 and 10:30 p.m., someone stole $40 from an unlocked vehicle parked in the Roth Way Garage.
  • Between 2:15 and 11:30 p.m., someone smashed the driver’s side window of a vehicle parked in the Roth Way Garage. Nothing was stolen.
  • Between 6 and 7 p.m., a chain-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of Hastorf House in Escondido Village.
  • Between 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 2:20 p.m. on Nov. 4, someone gained entry into two offices in the Mudd Chemistry Building and stole two Mac computers.
  • Between 12:30 and 4:15 p.m., an unknown suspect stole an unattended longboard that had been left outdoors in Escondido Village.
  • There were four alcohol transports.

Sunday, Nov. 5

• Between 11:50 p.m. on Nov. 4 and 11:30 a.m. on Nov. 5, someone stole currency and a keyboard off of the front seat of an unlocked vehicle near Muwekma-Tah-Ruk House.
  • Between 12:45 and 2:30 p.m., a cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike racks located outside of Maples Pavilion.
  • Between 11:30 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 1:30 p.m. on Nov. 5, a U-locked bike that was locked to itself was stolen from in front of Kairos House.
  • Between 3:45 and 5:35 a.m., someone reported that someone else intentionally struck her with his shoulder while walking past each other in the hallway of Serra Dorm in Stern Hall. The victim stumbled backwards as a result but did not sustain any injuries.
  • It was reported that on Oct. 26 at 10 p.m., a victim reported being forcibly fondled by someone in Serra dorm in Stern Hall.
  • Between 10:20 on Nov. 4 and 11:45 on Nov. 5, an unknown suspect took down posters and flyers put up by the Stanford College Republicans in Crothers Hall advertising an upcoming event and tore them into pieces.

Monday, Nov. 6

• Between 5 p.m. on Nov. 3 and 8:42 a.m. on Nov. 6, an unknown suspect used crayons and Expo markers to write “Go Bears” and “Bear Territory” on the exterior walls of Hoover Tower.

There were four alcohol transports reported between Oct. 31 to Nov. 6 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.