Police Blotter: Oct. 3 – Oct. 9

This report covers a selection of incidents from Oct. 3 to Oct. 9 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Tuesday, October 3

• At 9:30 a.m., while viewing pornography on his phone in Potter House, someone reported coming across what appeared to be child pornography.
  • Between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., a U-Locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located outside 655 Knight Way.

Wednesday, October 4

• Between 10:20 and 10:25 a.m., someone stole an unattended backpack from a desk chair while the office was open and unsecured.
  • Between 4 and 6:50 p.m., someone smashed the right rear passenger window of a rental car and stole two bags near Klein Field at the Sunken Diamond.
  • At 6:50 p.m. someone was arrested for unlicensed driving on Junipero Serra Blvd. Between 2:30 and 7 p.m., someone smashed the passenger side window of a car parked near Angell Field and stole a backpack.

Thursday, October 5

• At 2:50 a.m., someone near Potter House was reported as being disoriented and somewhat incoherent. The person admitted he had been drinking with his friends. He was admonished for his actions and the situation was resolved without further incident.
  • Someone reported being sexually assaulted on Sept. 29 by an individual known to her. This individual touched her backside without consent. The incident occurred on campus in a residence hall located on the 600 block of Escondido Avenue.
  • Between 9:50 a.m. and 1:05 p.m., someone smashed two windows of a car and stole three suitcases in the Roth Way Garage.

Friday, October 6

• At 10 p.m., someone was arrested on Nathan Abbott Lane near Bowdoin Street for being a minor in possession of alcohol.
  • At 10:40 p.m., two people were arrested on Nathan Abbott Lane near Bowdoin Street for being minors in possession of alcohol.
  • At 11:20 p.m., two people were arrested for creating a public nuisance by urinating in public near the Phi Kappa Psi House.
  • At 11:49 p.m., a noise complaint was made against the Phi Kappa Psi House. When contacted, they moved the party inside and closed the windows and doors to help contain the noise. The DJ also decreased the music volume.
  • There were two alcohol transports.
  • Between 12 and 1:20 p.m., someone smashed three windows of a car and stole four travel bags and suitcases in the museum parking lot.
  • Between 10 and 12:30 p.m., someone stole a laptop from an unlocked office in the Shriram Center for Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering.
  • Between 10:45 and 10:50 a.m., someone stole an unattended backpack from a hallway in the Center for Integrated Systems.
  • Between 1:20 and 7:55 a.m., someone pried open several doors to gain entry to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Research and Education Institute and stole three Apple computers.
  • At 12:39 a.m., a noise complaint was made against the Kappa Sigma House. When the police arrived, all was quiet.

Saturday, October 7

• At 12:04 a.m., someone was arrested for public intoxication on Cabrillo Avenue near Dolores Street.
  • At 3:45 p.m., a fire erupted in a vehicle outside of Wilbur Hall.
  • Between 5 and 5:50 p.m., someone smashed the rear passenger side window of a car and stole a backpack near the Stanford Driving Range.
  • Between 2:30 and 6:30 p.m., someone smashed the left rear window of a car and stole a purse near the Golf Clubhouse.

Sunday, October 8

• At 12:20 a.m., someone was arrested for being a minor in possession of alcohol near the Theta Delta Chi House.
  • At 1 a.m., a rape occurred on the south side of campus.
  • Between 1 and 2:35 p.m., someone smashed window of a car and stole a backpack near Encina Hall.

Monday, October 9

• At 10:15 a.m., a biker collided with a wall near the Center for Turbulence Research  and was injured.
  • At 1 p.m., a biker collided with a fixed object on Via Pueblo Mall near the 300 Block and was injured.

There were two alcohol transports reported between Oct. 3 and Oct. 9 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Correction: A previous version of this article stated that there was one alcohol transport between Oct. 3 and Oct. 9. There were two alcohol transports. The Daily regrets this error.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.