Softball travels down South for Easton Crimson Classic

Stanford softball (10-5, 0-0 Pac-12) continues its time away from the Farm as it travels to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to face No. 11 Alabama, Jacksonville University and Drake University in the Easton Crimson Classic. Stanford will play five games over three days starting with back-to-back games against Drake and Jacksonville on Friday morning.

Stanford has certainly built on a disappointing 2015-16 season in which the team went 0-24 in Pac-12 play. While the team has yet to start conference play, they have so far racked up an improved 10-5 record.

The Cardinal went 3-2 this past weekend, only dropping games to No. 1 Florida State and a strong San Diego squad. Freshman outfielder Alyssa Horeczko led the team on the offensive, batting 0.538 with five runs, two walks, a triple and a stolen base. Also contributing to the team’s offensive success was senior outfielder Bessie Noll who recorded a team-high eight RBIs.

At the pitching position, Stanford will need more from their ace, sophomore Carolyn Lee, who went 0-2 over the weekend from the team’s two losses. The Cardinal will require lights-out performances from Lee if they are to have a chance against top-ranked opponents.

Live stats for the games will be available at GoStanford.com, and Stanford’s game against Alabama will be televised on the SEC Network.

Contact Amanda McLean at ammclean ‘at’ stanford.edu.