Alpha Chi Omega joins Stanford Inter-Sorority Council

Alpha Chi Omega (AXO) will officially join the Stanford Inter-Sorority Council (ISC) community this spring, becoming ISC’s eighth sorority chapter on campus.

A new sorority will come to campus this spring after an unusually large number of freshmen women rushed last year (Courtesy of Kappa Alpha Theta).

The ISC Extension Committee, comprised of a student representative and an advisor or alumni representative from each of the seven organizations currently on campus, began their search for a new chapter during fall quarter. At the beginning of winter quarter, the committee invited AXO and Kappa Delta (KD) to present their organizations on campus to the general Stanford community before the decision was finalized.

In an email to ISC, Inter-Fraternity Council (IFC), Multicultural Greek Council (MGC) and African-American Fraternal and Sororal Association (AAFSA) chapter presidents, program manager of fraternity and sorority life Aisling Wakefield announced today that AXO had accepted the invitation to establish a chapter on campus.

According to Wakefield, the Extension Committee met last week to deliberate, considering “feedback from various stakeholders, both organizations’ application materials, on-campus presentations and the values of the Greek and Stanford communities.”

The Extension Committee made a recommendation to invite AXO onto campus, and ISC delegates voted to confirm this recommendation with six votes for AXO and one vote for KD.

Contact Susannah Meyer at smeyer7 ‘at’ stanford.edu.