Police Blotter: Dec. 19 – Jan. 9

This report covers a selection of incidents from Dec. 19 to Jan. 9 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, Dec. 19

• An unlocked bike was stolen near Stern Hall between noon and 3 p.m.
  • A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack on the west side of Wilbur Hall.

Thursday, Dec. 22

• At 11:50 p.m., someone was cited and released for being a minor in possession of less than one ounce of marijuana.
  • At 8:40 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving on a suspended license.
  • Between 5 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 4 p.m. on Dec. 22, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside of Rains Complex.
  • At 8:30 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license.

Friday, Dec. 23

• Between 2 and 3 p.m., an unknown suspect stole a suitcase containing textbooks valued at about $650. The suspect is still at large.

Saturday, Dec. 24

• Between 6:20 p.m. on Dec. 23 and 7:30 a.m. on Dec. 24, an unknown suspect smashed a car window and stole a backpack from a car parked in the Roth Way garage.

Tuesday, Dec. 27

• At 1:20 p.m., an arrestee was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia and for a parole violation.

Wednesday, Dec. 28

• Between Dec. 28 and Jan. 6, vandals used a grease-like substance to draw swastikas on several street signs, two structures in the Rodin Sculpture Garden, the Main Quad, the exterior wall of the School of Education, the exterior wall of the clock tower, the north side of Highland Hall and the south side of Green Library.
  • Between 3:30 p.m. on Dec. 27 and 7 a.m. on Dec. 28, an unknown suspect broke a window to an unattended work truck and emptied out the glove box. Nothing was stolen from the vehicle.
  • A cable-locked bike was stolen from the Center for Clinical Sciences Research between 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.

Friday, Dec. 30

• At 5:55 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving on a suspended license.

Saturday, Dec. 31

• At 10:10 p.m. on Middlefield Road at Palo Alto Avenue, a person under the age of 21 was cited and released for being in possession of marijuana.
  • At 12:30 a.m., a person was cited and released for driving on a suspended license.

Sunday, January 1

• An unknown suspect broke into a vehicle and stole a backpack containing a wallet, clothing and other items. The incident occurred between 12:15 and 1:45 p.m. at Lucille M. Nixon Elementary School.

Monday, Jan. 2

• Someone was cited and released for possession of methamphetamines and paraphernalia, for driving on a suspended license and for possessing a false registration.
  • At 5:42 p.m., someone was cited and released for driving unlicensed.

Wednesday, Jan. 4

• At 9 a.m., someone received a suspicious phone call.

Thursday, Jan. 5

• At 9:50 p.m., a driver was cited and released for driving without a license.
  • An unlocked bike was stolen from an open patio at the back of a first-floor apartment in Escondido Village on Olmsted Road. The incident occurred between 4 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 8 a.m. on Dec. 23.

Friday, Jan. 6

• At 4:04 p.m., two vehicles collided on Serra Mall at Stanford Avenue.
  • An unknown suspect stole two iPhones with chargers from the Knight Management Center between 4 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 6:15 a.m. on Jan. 6.
  • Between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Dec. 10, an unknown suspect drew what appeared to be a swastika on the free drawing table at Cantor Arts Center.
  • Between 1 p.m. on Dec. 17 and 7 p.m. on Jan. 5, a U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at Griffin House.

Saturday, Jan. 7

• At around 9:30 a.m., an unknown suspect used black grease to draw what appeared to be a swastika on the west side and southwest corner of Escondido Village’s Studio 2.
  • At 3 p.m., a vehicle ran into a fixed object on Campus Drive near Alvarado Row.

Sunday Jan. 8

• At 10:25 a.m., heavy winds and rain caused several pine trees to uproot and fall onto five parked and unoccupied cars on Lane W. At 1 p.m., the weather caused another tree to fall on two vehicles at Tresidder Memorial Union.

Monday, Jan. 9

• An unknown suspect used black grease to draw what appeared to be a swastika and other illegible writing on podium signs in the area of Palm Drive and Roth Way. The incident occurred at 8:30 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect stole a pipe threading machine from the Housing Maintenance Center on Escondido Road between 8 a.m. on Oct. 6 and 8 a.m. on Nov. 28.
  • An unknown suspect stole an LCD projector from Tresidder Memorial Union between 8 a.m. on Dec. 14 and 8 a.m. on Dec. 20.

There were no alcohol transports reported between Dec. 19 and Jan. 9 as recorded in the SUDPS bulletin.

Contact Sophie Regan at sregan20 ‘at’ stanford.edu.