Police Blotter: Sept. 19 ― Sept. 26

Sept. 28, 2016, 12:22 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from Sept. 19 to Sept. 26 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin.

Monday, Sept. 19

•   A Beretta handgun was left behind in a rented vehicle between 9 a.m. on Sept. 6 and 8:30 a.m. on Sept. 19. The renter of the vehicle was notified that the weapon was being held at SUDPS.
  •   A U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack near the southeast area of the Math Corner at the Sloan Math Center. The theft occurred between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
  •   Two juveniles were cited and released for theft of a bike wheel between 6:15 and 6:23 p.m. The theft occurred at Via Ortega and Panama Street by the Skilling Auditorium.

Tuesday, Sept. 20

•   A vehicle collided with a fixed object at 2:45 p.m. on Oak Road, north of Stock Farm Road. No one was injured.
  •   An unknown suspect or suspects entered an unsecured construction yard at 200 Arboretum Road through an open gate, unlocked a combination lock and stole certain tools and equipment. The theft occurred between 10:30 a.m. on Sept. 16 and 3:30 p.m. on Sept. 19.
  •   An unknown suspect or suspects reached into a vehicle’s open and stole a purse from the front passenger seat. The theft occurred at 200 Ayrshire Farm Lane between 1 p.m. on Sept. 18 and 7:45 a.m. on Sept. 20.
  •   An individual was cited and released for driving unlicensed at 12 a.m. at Arboretum Road and Galvez Street.

Wednesday, Sept. 21

•   A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack on the east side of the Arrillaga Family Sports Center. The theft occurred between 6:30 a.m. and 8 p.m.
  •   Police responded to a disturbance involving an argument between two people at Tresidder Memorial Union at 12:35 p.m. One person grabbed another to prevent her from walking away.
  •   At 8:30 a.m. at Stern Hall, an individual was cited and released for misusing a disabled placard.
  •   Two vehicles collided at 11:05 p.m. on Sand Hill Road near Santa Cruz Avenue. No one was injured.

Thursday, Sept. 22

•   A cable-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack outside Junipero dorm in Wilbur Hall. The theft occurred between 5 p.m. on Sept. 21 and 12:50 p.m. on Sept. 22.
  •   Two vehicles collided at 2:50 p.m. in the 700 block of Junipero Serra Boulevard.
  •   A U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack at Crothers Memorial Hall between 2 and 6 p.m. on Sept. 21.
  •   A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack in front of the Psychiatry Academic and Clinic Building. The theft occurred between 9 and 10:30 a.m.
  •   At 1:15 a.m. on Page Mill Road near Deer Creek Road, an individual was transported to the San Jose Main Jail to be booked on an outstanding warrant. They were also cited for driving unlicensed.

Friday, Sept. 23

•      At 11:40 p.m. near the Stanford golf driving range, an individual was cited and released for possession of a controlled substance and a false I.D.
  •      A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside the McMurtry Building between 10 and 11 a.m on Sept. 22.
  •      A U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of Theta Delta Chi residence between 12:30 p.m. on May 12 and 12:30 p.m. on Sept. 9.
  •      A vehicle and bike collided at 9:30 a.m. on Galvez Mall at Escondido Mall. There was an injury.
  •      At 12:55 a.m. on Foothill Expressway near Hillview Avenue, an individual was cited and released for driving unlicensed.

Saturday, Sept. 24

•   A graduate student was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for sexual assault. The incident occurred between 3:30 and 4:15 a.m. at Lyman Graduate Residences.
  •   At 2 a.m. on Junipero Serra Boulevard at Fremont Road, an individual was transported to the San Jose Main Jail and booked for driving while under the influence of alcohol.
  •   At 1:10 a.m. near the Elliott Program Center, an individual was cited and released for possessing alcohol as a minor.
  •   At 12:45 a.m. on El Camino Real at Galvez Street, an individual was cited and released for driving unlicensed.

Sunday, Sept. 25

•   At 8:50 p.m. near Narnia House, a juvenile was cited and released for possession of marijuana.
  •   At 2 p.m., police responded to a report of a dog biting a person in White Memorial Plaza.

Monday, Sept. 26

•      At 11:20 a.m., police responded to report of loud music at a party in Rains Complex. The music was later turned down and the party moved inside a residence.
  •      At 10:35 p.m., a vehicle collided with a fixed object on Campus Drive at West Escondido Road. No one was injured.
  •      At 11:30 a.m., a vehicle on Museum Way at Palm Drive was towed and stored for having five delinquent parking citations.
  •      A cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack near the Arrillaga Family Sports Center. The theft occurred between 8:45 and 9:30 a.m.

There were no alcohol transports reported between Sept. 19 and Sept. 26 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Contact Hannah Knowles at hknowles ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Hannah Knowles is senior staff writer from San Jose who served as Volume 253 Editor-in-Chief. Prior to that, she managed The Daily's news section.