Stanford Health Care to open new clinic

Stanford Health Care and the Irvine Company have teamed up to open a new health clinic in San Jose, according to the San Jose Mercury News.

This is reportedly the first time that a health clinic has been opened in an apartment clinic in the San Francisco Bay Area. The clinic will provide limited services to treat minor complaints, such as cuts and sprains, and will also be able to conduct some lab work. The clinic will also provide referrals to more comprehensive services from specialists.

The clinic is not limited to members of the apartment complex and accepts a variety of insurance plans as well as uninsured patients.

“Any patient, regardless of payer, would be welcome in the clinic, like any of our clinics,” said Tim Engberg, vice president of primary care at Stanford Health Care, to the Mercury News.

Stanford Health Care declined to rule out the possibility of opening more local clinics in other parts of the Bay Area. The clinic, which is located in the River View Apartment Homes at 52 Skytop St., will be open from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.