Police Blotter: Sept. 23 – 29

This report covers a selection of incidents from Sept. 23 to Sept. 29 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, Sept. 23:

• An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from near a bike rack outside Y2E2 sometime between June 1 and Sept. 22.
  • An individual reported being the victim of an extortion scheme that is believed to have originated abroad.  

Thursday, Sept. 24:

• Two individuals were cited and released for trespassing in a restricted construction site on Lomita Drive at 11:50 p.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from near a bike rack outside Jing Lyman Commons sometime between 5:30 p.m. and 8:15 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being in possession of marijuana on Governors Ave. at 12:45 a.m.
  • Three individuals were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol on Campus Drive at 1:10 a.m.
  • Three individuals were cited and released for being minors in possession of alcohol on Campus Drive at 1:20 a.m.

Friday, Sept. 25:

• An individual’s reportedly locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Trancos in Wilbur Hall sometime between 8 p.m. and 9:30 a.m. the next morning.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Nathan Abbott Way at 10:30 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Lomita Drive at 11:25 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for public urination at 680 Lomita at 11:25 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for public urination at Kappa Sigma fraternity house at 11:50 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being in possession of marijuana near Palm Drive and El Camino Real at 2:15 a.m.

Saturday, Sept. 26:

• An individual’s reportedly locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Munger 2 sometime between noon and 7 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol on Nathan Abbott Way at 8:35 p.m.
  • An individual contacted the police regarding a possible violation of a Title IX restriction due to a complaint she had filed as an impacted party while at Kappa Sigma fraternity house at 11:30 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Kappa Alpha at 11:10 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested for driving under the influence and transported to San Jose Main Jail on Campus Drive and Galvez St. at 11:18 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for public urination at Kappa Alpha fraternity house at 11:25 p.m.
  • An individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol at Kappa Alpha fraternity house at 11:45 pm.
  • An individual was transported to San Jose Main Jail and booked for assault and battery of a police officer, resisting arrest, public intoxication and public urination from Campus Drive at 12:05 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication on Rosse Lane sometime between midnight and 12:10 a.m. and transported to San Jose Main Jail. The individual also had a current Stanford University stay away letter.

Sunday, Sept. 27:

• An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Rinconada in Wilbur Hall sometime between 3 p.m. and 10 p.m.

Monday, Sept. 28:

• An individual was cited and released for being in possession of a controlled substance on El Camino Real at 11 a.m.
  • An individual was arrested and transported to San Jose Main Jail for providing a false ID to an office on Serra St. sometime between 7 p.m. and 7:35 p.m.

Tuesday, Sept. 29:

• An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Rinconada in Wilbur Hall  sometime between 1 a.m. and 10 p.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Crothers Hall sometime between 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. the next day.
  • An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Gunn Building sometime between 10:15 a.m. and 8 p.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from a bike rack outside Old Union sometime between 8:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, 10 alcohol transports were reported for the six-day period between Sept. 23 and Sept. 29.

Contact Alexandra Nguyen-Phuc at nguyenphuc ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Alexandra Nguyen-Phuc ‘18 is a news deputy desk editor and former staff writer. A freshman from Los Angeles, California, she wants to learn more about urban studies, economics and food system sustainability in her time at Stanford. Contact her at nguyenphuc ‘at’ stanford.edu.