Four new members elected to the Board of Trustees

July 15, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

The Board of Trustees elected four new trustees yesterday based on recommendation from the Stanford Alumni Association’s Alumni Committee. The committee nominated Mary Barra, chief executive officer of General Motors Co; Dipanjan “DJ” Deb, chief executive officer of Francisco Partners FP; Bradley A. Geier, co-managing partner of Merlone Geier Partners; and Christy MacLear, executive director of the Robert Rauschenberg Foundation.

As alumni and members of various Stanford associations, the new Board of Trustee members are active members of the Stanford community. Barra and Deb both received MBAs from the Stanford Graduate School of Business and work as members of the Stanford Graduate School of Business Advisory Council. Geier and MacLear earned a graduate degrees in history and urban design, respectively, and both are outreach volunteers for the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

“The board is delighted to welcome these new members who bring an impressive array of accomplishments, a broad range of perspectives and experiences, and a deep commitment to the well-being of Stanford,” Chair of the Stanford University Board of Trustees Steven A. Denning wrote in a statement. “We thank the Stanford Alumni Association for its thoughtful deliberations that led to the selection of these trustees.”

The newly-elected members’ five year terms will begin on Sept. 1. The Alumni Association selects four new individuals for the Board of Trustees every two and a half years.