Police Blotter: April 29 – May 4

This report covers a selection of incidents from April 29 to May 4 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Wednesday, April 29:

• An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from in front of Green Library sometime between 8:20 a.m. and 1:35 p.m.
  • An individual’s unlocked bike was stolen from in front of the Art Gallery sometime between noon and 1 p.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from in front of the North-West side of Lathrop Library sometime between 4:20 p.m. and 6 p.m.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication near Wallenberg Hall at 5:20 p.m. and transported to the San Jose Main Jail.

Thursday, April 30:

• An individual’s reportedly cable-locked bike was stolen from in front of the Green Earth Sciences building sometime between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
  • A golf cart was stolen near the Taper Law Student Center sometime between 1:45 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
  • An unknown suspect was looking into an individual’s Griffin House bedroom window while she was dressing sometime between 9:35 p.m. and 10:05 p.m.

Friday, May 1:

• An individual was arrested near Clubhouse for public intoxication at 10:40 p.m. and transported to the San Jose Main Jail.
  • An individual was arrested for public intoxication and multiple outstanding warrants near Columbae House at 10:45 p.m and transported to the San Jose Main Jail.

Saturday, May 2:

• A family of ducks fell into a storm drain near Tresidder Memorial Union sometime between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. The ducks were heroically caught and returned to the rest of the family nearby.

Sunday, May 3:

• Multiple individuals were cited and released for trespassing at the Mitchell Pool Place at 12:40 a.m.
  • An individual’s reportedly chain locked bike was stolen from in front of Roble Hall sometime between 7:50 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.

Monday, May 4:

• An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the window of a victim’s vehicle near Sigma Alpha Epsilon with an unknown object sometime between 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m.
  • An unknown suspect or suspects stole an R&DE golf cart near Wilbur Hall sometime between 5 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. Tuesday.

According to the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin, three alcohol transports were reported for the six-day period between April 29 and May 4.

Contact Sam Premutico at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Sam Premutico ’18 is a staff writer covering University and local news. A freshman from Brooklyn, New York, Sam has a wide range of academic interests, including biology and philosophy. When not in class or writing for The Daily, Sam enjoys solving crossword puzzles and playing for the Stanford Men’s Squash team. To contact Sam, email him at samprem ‘at’ stanford.edu.