Police Blotter: Jan. 6-14

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 6 to Jan. 14 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

Monday, Jan. 6

A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack located outside the Mechanical Engineering Lab between 3:30 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Tuesday, Jan.7

An unknown suspect or suspects stole two small packages shipped from Amazon and delivered by UPS that had been left on the front porch of Studio 4 sometime between 3:30 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.

Wednesday, Jan. 8

An unknown suspect or suspects smashed the window of a vehicle at 1800 Stanford Avenue and Junipero Serra Boulevard and stole the victim’s purse between 11:10 a.m. and 11:15 a.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects stole the victim’s unattended laptop from a study area on the second floor of Green Library between 12:10 p.m. and 12:50 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s iPhone from Coupa Café in the Environment & Energy Building (Y2E2) between 4:50 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects broke a window of a victim’s vehicle in Parking Structure 7 and stole a laptop, golf clubs, a tablet, clothes, currency and a GPS unit sometime between Jan. 8 and Jan. 12.

It was discovered that an unknown suspect or suspects had been stealing cash from a safe inside the Arrillaga West Sports Center and the Arrillaga East Sports Center since November 2012.

Thursday, Jan. 9

An unknown suspect or suspects entered a victim’s car at Parking Structure 1 and stole a makeup bag that had a parking permit inside between 7:30 a.m. and 9:30 a.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s unattended laptop from the second floor of Green Library East Wing between 4:00 p.m. and 4:10 p.m.

An unknown suspect shoplifted when she entered the Stanford Bookstore, took a book off the shelf, placed it in her bag and left without paying between 4:56 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.

An individual was arrested and transported to the San Jose Main Jail for being a minor in possession of alcohol and for resisting arrest at Lomita Drive and Santa Teresa Street at 11:25 p.m.

Friday, Jan. 10

A reportedly U-locked bike was stolen from the bike rack at the Rains Houses between 7:00 p.m. on Jan. 9 and 10:00 a.m. on Jan. 10.

Methamphetamines and drug paraphernalia were found in a restroom at 450 Serra Mall at 2:10 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects stole the victim’s unattended laptop from a parking lot at the Li Ka Shing Center for Learning and Knowledge between 5:40 p.m. and 5:45 p.m.

An unknown suspect or suspects broke the driver’s side window of a victim’s vehicle in Parking Structure 7 sometime between Jan. 10 and Jan. 12. Nothing was taken from the vehicle.

Tuesday, Jan. 14

An unknown suspect or suspects stole a victim’s cell phone, keys and student ID from her unlocked locker at Kimball Hall between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.

A small bag of marijuana was found in one of the work trucks at 315 Bonair Siding at 12:00 p.m.

Contact Caleb Smith at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Caleb Smith '17 is a Desk Editor from Oakland, California and is majoring in public policy. Outside the Daily, Caleb is Director of news at KZSU Stanford, the campus radio station. Have a tip or suggestion? Please contact him at caleb17 ‘at’ stanford.edu.