Top 5: Sites to visit as you procrastinate your way through exams

Dec. 7, 2011, 12:51 a.m.

We feel you, man. Your brain’s dead. Exams are about to hijack your soul. In times like these, sometimes all you need are some internet memes to procrastinate away the pain. Tune in and drop out…then wake up at eight to show that test who’s boss. Just be careful like we are, and don’t let these sites get the best of your attention spa…attention spa…attention…atten…oh my gosh, that goat’s singing like Usher.

This is Why I’m Broke

Remember when you played The Sims and wondered why cool objects like a Money Tree and Cool Shades didn’t exist in real life? Well, what if we told you that glow-in-the-dark toilet paper and water-fueled jet packs were real? What’s that? You’d spend all your money and become broke? Yeah, us too. It’s a good thing we have none.

Pinterest

We know this started as a website for stay-at-home mamas to share their inner Martha Stewart, but it’s come a long way from turkey-shaped cupcakes. Kind of. If you like surfing the net for cool photography, food porn or things that are just pretty (we see you ladies), set aside an hour…uh, four.

The Cool Hunter

Bit of a hipster, eh? If edgy art, architecture and music strike your fancy, look no further. Hey, whatever points you lose on your exam, you make up in points for sophistication!

I Waste So Much Time

Be careful with this. It doesn’t even try to disguise the fact that it will mercilessly suck away your time. Sure, you will enjoy a few laughs over a baby turtle shouting, “Release the Kraken!” but next thing you know, it’s 4 a.m., and you don’t know what you’re doing with your life. Proceed with caution. Prepare to lose a minimum of 10,000 brain cells.

Longform

We’re feeling a bit guilty about encouraging the demise of your attention spans, and it’s true, it’s become harder to find quality pieces of long journalism. Longform amasses the best ones from a variety of publications. See, we were really just messing with you about all that meme stuff. We’re actually a lot more sophisticated and…cat doing handstand. Brain melting.