A Taste of Things to Come

I’ll warn you now: this post is going to be totally logistical. But if you like music and generally cool things, then keep reading. I think you’re going to be interested.

Because The Stanford Daily has been so kind to give me space both in their newspaper and website to essentially say whatever I want, I’ve decided to use my space here to try and do some fun stuff for the masses. It’ll be a step away from the sarcastic humor of my columns, but because I can’t change who I am, it’ll be white people-friendly all the way through.

My first move is going to be to start a semi-regular blog series on here to discuss new music that I really enjoy. I’m really excited about its start, as I’m going to interview one of my favorite new bands for the start of the series. They’re called Kisses. They hail from Los Angeles, and if you like relaxing music that transports you to foreign seashores, you’ll love them. I’m also convinced that they put out one of the best (as yet unreleased) albums of 2010. Look for that interview to be hitting The Daily Banter in the next few days so you can check out their jams.

I can’t wait for that, and I hope you’re equally excited about it, too. But, dear reader, what I’m really excited about is to make this blog my place to interact with you—yes, I’m talking to all seven of you who read and enjoy my column. Give me some largely unknown artists to spotlight in my as-yet-untitled music series. Tell me what hilarious aspect of “white people” culture you’d like me to discuss. Tell me you think I’m a complete asshole. We’re in a relationship now, whether you like it or not. And communication is an integral part of any relationship. There’s a comment section down below, so take advantage. My e-mail address is at the end of every column. Put them to good use. You don’t want us to end up like Tiger and Elin, do you?