Police Blotter

July 29, 2010, 12:34 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from July 20 to July 27 as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at the Avery Aquatic Center, Stern Hall, Jordan Hall, Florence Moore Hall, the Rains Complex, the Lyman Commons and the Arrillaga Center for Sports and Recreation.

Tuesday, July 20

Between 12:30 p.m. and 5 p.m., an unknown suspect entered dorm rooms on the first floor of Stern Hall and stole money.

Wednesday, July 21

At 1:40 p.m., an injury, bike-vs.-pavement collision occurred at the corner of Serra Mall and Lasuen Mall.

Friday, July 23

In an incident that occurred between 6:30 p.m. and 6:35 p.m. on July 15, reported on July 23, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended purse from the Taube Tennis Family Stadium.

At 10 a.m., a person was issued a stay-away letter at Y2E2. The person acknowledged and signed the letter without incident.

At 10:05 p.m., the reporting party located an abandoned bike on the sidewalk along the Palm Oval. The bike was taken to the Dept. of Public Safety for safekeeping and tagged with “#249.”

Saturday, July 24

In an incident that occurred between July 21 and July 23, reported on July 24, an unknown suspect entered a victim’s locked dorm room in the Junipero wing of Wilbur Hall and stole money from the victim’s wallet.

Between 11:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., another unknown suspect entered two victims’ unlocked dorm rooms in the Junipero wing of Wilbur Hall and stole money from each of their wallets.

In an incident that occurred between July 9 and July 16, reported on July 24, an unknown suspect stole two digital cameras and a laptop belonging to a victim from Room 205 in Haus Mitteleuropa.

Sunday, July 25

In an incident that occurred between July 11 and July 19, reported on July 25, an unknown suspect posted criminal threats on a victim’s Web page.

Monday, July 26

In an incident that occurred between 5:30 p.m. and 5:45 p.m. on June 1, but was reported on July 26, an unknown suspect stole a woman’s wallet and its contents when she accidentally dropped it in the Main Quad.

At 11:45 a.m. at 794 Tolman Drive, the reporting party said  she received a threatening call from an unknown person.

Tuesday, July 27

Between 4:30 a.m. and 4:45 a.m. at 10 Comstock Circle, a victim and suspect had a domestic dispute involving a verbal altercation. The suspect made threads toward the victim, causing her to fear bodily harm.

Between 7:15 p.m. on July 23 and 1:45 p.m. on July 27, an unknown suspect stole a flat-screen TV from the Eating Clubs at 419 Arguello Way.

At 3 p.m., a person was cited and released on an outstanding warrant out of Santa Clara County.

In an incident that occurred between 6:30 p.m. and 11:55 p.m. on July 23, reported on July 27, an unknown suspect stole a victim’s unattended notebook laptop from the Wilbur Dining Hall.