Police Blotter

July 1, 2010, 12:36 a.m.

This report covers a selection of incidents from May 30 to June 26, as recorded in the Stanford Department of Public Safety Bulletin.

A series of bike thefts and medical emergencies occurred during this period. Bike thefts occurred at the Mitchell Earth Sciences Building, Florence Moore Hall, Crothers Memorial Hall, Treat House, Munger, Stern Hall, the Cummings Art Building, Sand Hill Field, the Clark Center, Y2E2, Escondido Village, the Gates Computer Science Building and the Rains Complex.

Sunday, May 30

At 4:30 p.m., the victim observed an unknown suspect masturbating in the Math Library in Bldg. 380.

Wednesday, June 2

Between 11:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the victims’ property from an unattended common room in the Medical Modular. Other property belonging to the victims was found abandoned around Stanford, Atherton and Menlo Park.

Thursday, June 3

At 12 a.m. at 116 Jenkins Court, police responded to a report of individual self-harm. However, the individual did not meet the elements of a 72-hour W&I hold.

At 7 p.m. at the Peterson Laboratory, the victim reported that she had received approximately 13 e-mails in the past two months from an individual who had described special interest in her and her artwork.

Between 5:45 p.m. on June 2 and 4:30 p.m. on June 3, an unknown suspect entered the unlocked door of Bldg. 380, climbed over a locked cubicle and stole a computer monitor.

Friday, June 4

In an incident that occurred on May 21, but was reported on June 4, an unknown suspect used the victim’s access card to purchase products online from a retailer based out of the United Kingdom.

Between 8:30 p.m. and 8:45 p.m. at the Rains Complex, the suspect and the victim were engaged in a verbal altercation. The suspect pushed the victim, but no injuries resulted for either party.

At 7 p.m. at 551 Sonoma Terrace, a large branch from a tree on the individual’s property fell on the reporting party’s vehicle. Both parties came to a civil and environmental resolution.

Saturday, June 12

At 12 a.m., a non-injury hit-and-run, vehicle-vs.-vehicle collision occurred at the corner of Palm Oval and Palm Oval East.

At 12:10 a.m., an unknown individual left a backpack containing personal items at Lake Lagunita.

Also at 12:10 a.m., 10 juveniles were in violation of an SCCO curfew ordinance. One juvenile was in possession of less than 28.5 grams of marijuana, one was in possession of an alcoholic beverage, and one had a fake ID. Nine parents were called in.

Between 12:30 a.m. and 12:40 a.m., an unknown suspect cut a window screen to the victim’s room at 717 Dolores, and stole a laptop and camera. The suspect also entered two other unlocked rooms and stole additional items.

Between 2:20 a.m. and 3:15 a.m., an unknown suspect broke a glass door at the Kappa Sigma house and activated a fire alarm.

Between 2:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. at the Theta Delta Chi house, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s dormitory and stole a laptop.

At 5:55 a.m. at 1035 Campus Drive, one arrestee was transported to the San Jose main jail and booked for violating parole and prowling. The second arrestee was cited and released for prowling and possessing burglary tools.

At 5 p.m., an unknown suspect entered the Black Community Services Center and stole four apple iMac computers.

Sunday, June 13

Between 6:57 p.m. and 7 p.m. at Bldg. 200, an unknown suspect kissed the victim on the forehead and bare shoulder, ran a hand over her lower back and fondled her buttocks. The suspect is still at large.

Monday, June 14

Between 12 a.m. on June 13 and 12 a.m. on June 14, an unknown suspect created a small fire in the Cowell Cluster Courtyard. There was no damage to any property or structures.

Tuesday, June 15

At 5:50 a.m., a vehicle caught fire from the contents located inside the Fac Ops office at Bonair Siding. The Palo Alto Fire Department arrived on the scene to extinguish the fire.

At 11 a.m. outside of Bob, an individual was cited and released for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the victim’s sofa, which he had left on the second floor of Crothers Memorial Hall in a common area.

At 12:30 p.m., a vehicle theft occurred outside of Maples Pavilion. The next day, on June 16, the victim found his vehicle parked on El Camino, south of Galvez Street.

Between 12:45 p.m. and 12:55 p.m., an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took several packages while the victim was inside the Psychiatry Academic & Clinic Building.

Saturday, June 19

At 1:15 p.m. at 80 Olmsted Road, an accidental fire was set in a dumpster. An individual believed he might have accidentally thrown his cigarette into the dumpster without completely extinguishing it.

Tuesday, June 22

At 9:10 a.m. on the 600 block of Valparaiso Street, the victim was assaulted by an unknown male suspect when he confronted the suspect about reckless driving on a residential street in the “faculty residential area.”

In an incident that somehow occurred between 4 p.m. on Feb. 22 and 7:15 p.m. on June 22, an unknown suspect stole several items from a Sigma Alpha Epsilon room that belonged to the three victims.

Wednesday, June 23

Between 7 p.m. and 7:10 p.m., the reporting party and a coworker were involved in a verbal altercation. The coworker followed the reporting party for a few blocks after work, in what police deemed “a suspicious circumstance.”

Between 5:30 p.m. and 5:35 p.m., an unknown suspect stole the victim’s unattended bag, which contained a laptop, cell phone and wallet, from outside of Roble Gym.

Thursday, June 24

Between 12:05 p.m. and 1 p.m. at the Escondido Elementary School, an unknown suspect entered the victim’s unlocked classroom and stole several of her access cards from her purse. The suspect then made unauthorized purchases.

Friday, June 25

Between 1 p.m. and 6:20 p.m., an unknown suspect stole cash from the victim’s unattended wallet, which had been left on a couch in the house lobby of Slavianskii Dom.

Between 7:30 p.m. and 7:40 p.m., two individuals, who are “in a dating relationship,” were involved in a verbal altercation at Escondido IV Highrise-Quillen.

Saturday, June 26

At 12:30 a.m., an unknown person left 7.4 grams of marijuana in a Ziploc bag on a bench table at Lake Lagunita.